Not all members of the ODBC are boaters. Although we have an operating marina with limited slips for our boat-owners, the location of the Club and the events put on by its members assure enjoyment by all.
The membership is diverse and blends well. Our members are involved as volunteers in the day-to-day operations of the Club. They take care of the grounds, building and marina, plan events and just get together socially.
The Club, through its members, is also active in charity fundraisers and the sponsorship of rowing programs and scholarships for Alexandria high school students.
Old Dominion Boat Club is an individual membership, not a family membership.
The Rules of Application are below:
- Eligibility: Any person of good character, twenty-one (21) years of age or older, is eligible for Active Membership and entitled to all privileges of the Old Dominion Boat Club (ODBC).
- ODBC Membership Application Package: Application package must contain the following documentation:
- a. Original Application Form: Completed and signed by both the Applicant and the two (2) Sponsors, who must be current ODBC members, in good standing.
- b. Two (2) Sponsors’ Letters of Recommendation: Each sponsor must prepare, sign, date, and provide a letter of recommendation.
- c. Non-refundable Application Fee: A check or money order in the amount of one thousand, five hundred dollars ($1,500.00), made out to the Old Dominion Boat Club or ODBC, must accompany this application.
- This fee is non-refundable. The applicant acknowledges that this application fee may be increased before his/her application has been processed.
- The above documentation and check/money order for the application fee must be mailed as a single package, via the U.S. Postal Service, to The Old Dominion Boat Club, ATTN: Membership Committee Chair, P.O. Box 1245, Alexandria, Virginia 22313. The official date of the application is the date of the Postmark of the U. S. Postal Service. Incomplete applications or applications submitted to the Committee in any other manner will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant. Please do not hand carry application packages to the Club.
- d. Changes to the Application: It is incumbent upon the applicant to advise the Membership Committee Chairman of any update to the information originally presented.
In addition to the application fee, there is an initiation fee. The initiation fee shall be due and payable at the time of the interview by the Membership Committee. This initiation fee can vary and is subject to change in accordance with the Club rules. The initiation fee for calendar year 2018 is three thousand dollars ($3,000.00).
FOR AN APPLICATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE